Updated: 2020-01-20 Views: 56
You know I love all kinds of DIY crafts， especially when they also save me money. This tutorial about how to make a gift bag from wrapping paper is a perfect example. These DIY gift bags are so easy to make and I think are even cuter than store-bought options! I wish I could take credit for this idea， but I saw a video on Facebook around Christmas that I believe was posted by The Today Show (or another morning show–；I can't remember which one it was) demonstrating how to make a gift bag from wrapping paper. I was captivated and amazed. What a fabulous money saving trick？ And I have tons of beautiful wrapping paper， while beautiful gift bags aren't that easy to come by. Sopersonalized baby blankets， for those of you that did not have the luck of seeing the video， I am going to share the tutorial with you. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I made two bags for our twin girls' 4th birthday. Our “；big”； gift to each of them was a Fur-Real Kitty that was oddly shaped and would not fit into any box that we had and it was too awkward to wrap. So， I decided to give making my own gift bags a try and I was thrilled with how they turned out. And it was super easy! If you prefer to watch a video to learn how to make a gift bag， you can watch me make one of these bags in the video below ：)accent pillow case baby decorative
1) Roll out some of your wrapping paper and place the oddly shaped item that you want to wrap on top of it. Make sure you use enough wrapping paper to cover the item. Cut your wrapping paper to size.
2) Placeyour paper face down on your table. Fold the right and left sides in until they meet in the middle and overlap some. Tape the seam.
3)Fold the bottom of the wrapping paper upto create the bottom of the bag.
4) This is the trickiest step in how to make a gift bag， but I promise it's easy after you do it once! Separate the two pieces of wrapping paper andflatten out the corners to create a diamond shape.
5) Fold the top and bottom corners in toward the middle of the diamond. Tape in place.
6) Openyour bag. Then fold the top of the bag over to the back side. Use your hole punch to punch holes for theribbon of your choosing.
8) Attach a gift tag， tie a bow， and you are DONE! Now you know how to make a gift bag from wrapping paper! How cute are these DIY gift bags？
What do you think？ Now that you know how to make a gift bag， will you ever buy gift bags again？! I don't think I will. If you want to save this tutorial for later， be sure to pin it!
pillow covers farmhouse
One room I haven’t made any progress on is our living room. In my reader survey I discovered that some of you are interested in seeing the befores – as we’re living in them. It’s a lot less scary to share during & after photos, but I think we’ve found a way to live comfortably in the befores, accepting that home doesn’t happen overnight. Come on in & join me for an unedited tour of our living room…
Christmas is so much fun, but can also bring a lot of “stuff” into your home. These are my tips for organizing after Christmas chaos.?